Sonntag, 15. August 2010

English boycott day 12

Deciding not to speak English at all was such a good decision. Now, when i'm speaking Farsi with my mom, if I don't know how to say something, I don't just say it in English, I keep speaking Farsi because i can't speak English. Even when my mom starts speaking English to me, I have to keep speaking Farsi. It would be so much harder to speak Farsi all the time if I hadn't decided to myself not to speak English at all.

And talking to my dad in German is fun. It's a lot easier than talking to my mom and all of her friends in Farsi, but I wouldn't be doing it all the time if I hadn't actually decided to boycott English.


I actually went out with my mom and her friends, and they are all Iranian, and I spoke Farsi the whole time, and they were impressed that I could speak it so well. Sure, I may have been speaking Farsi since I first could talk, but my ability to speak it keeps getting better because I am limiting myself to not speaking English at all.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen