Mittwoch, 20. Oktober 2010

A few very exciting events happened within the past week that I would have had trouble with, had I not been able to speak English.

This past weekend, I went to a live-action roleplaying event, in which I dressed as a tribal cat and threw packets of birdseed (to represent magic) at people.
It took place starting Friday night and ending Saturday night. So all day and all night, I was in character, unless I wore an orange headband. Speaking English is very important while in character, especially while calling out the attacks you're doing, because it isn't considered an attack if the people being attacked don't know what they are being attacked with.

Today, I saw president Obama. In real life. And not all blurry and far away. And it's because I went to a rally in which Obama and some other people talked, including the guy running for governor in the state I go to school in. It was a lot of fun, and I actually talked a lot with people I waited with in line, not to mention tried very hard to call my friends afterwards in order to locate them. Because they unfortunately got there late enough that they couldn't reach where I was in line without being blocked by a wall of people, and thusly didn't see me until the end of the event.
Because I can't vote in the state I go to school in, yet I really want this person to win, I have decided to devote time to calling people and telling them to vote. Another activity that requires English.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen