Dienstag, 14. September 2010

After 2 definite plans with people have ended up not working at practically the last minute, I have given up looking for housing.
I have spent 2 days in the city I go to school in, and I have basically put my English boycott on hold this whole time because I am too stressed and tired to find alternatives to speaking English (but speaking English so much has only irritated me). I have still spoken only German when on the phone with my dad and only Farsi when on the phone with my mom. So at least I know that no matter how much of a success or failure this English boycott is, I won't stop speaking things other than English with my family.
I feel so depressed because I came all the way here way ahead of time because originally I thought I would already have a place and would be looking for a job, and then I thought I would be looking for a place. Since I have done absolutely nothing other than walk around drinking bubble tea, I am going back home tomorrow after I apply for a dorm room. I was originally thinking I would make an exception for whoever I lived with, but since I am just going to be living in the dorms after all, whether or not I speak English with my roommate just kind of depends.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen